Sunday, August 28, 2011

Trader Joe’s Truffle Brownies

I’m not a huge brownie fan unless they are chewy. I’m not much for the cakey kind of brownie (just ask my older sister Sue, she’ll tell you) unless it’s smothered with vanilla ice cream because the ice cream makes the brownie turn kind of chewy.

I’m also one to make things from scratch. However, Trader Joe’s Truffle Brownie mix is so fabulous and easy to make, why would you want to make it from scratch?

You dump the mix in a bowl and add a melted stick of butter and maybe an egg, mix it up, put it in the pan and bake. The brownie is moist and chewy, but not so much so that someone who doesn’t like chewy would not like it. Add the ice cream and okay, I’m drooling.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...I love chewy brownies, and I LOVE brownie sundaes. In fact, I just plain love chocolate. Now I've got a craving for brownies and no brownies in sight. Thanks a lot, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete