Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peach Crisp

I usually make apple crisp, but since I had a bunch of small peaches that weren’t all that great I decided to use the peaches instead. Otherwise I’m a fresh peach kind of person, no point in cooking those delicious juicy things.

This recipe comes from the old Betty Crocker Cookbook.

I had about 8-10 small peaches (they were pretty small), I peeled and sliced them and placed them in pan (8x8 or there abouts).

Mix the following ingredients until crumbly:

2/3 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup flour
½ cup oats
¾ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg (my version not Betty’s—her’s calls for ¾ tsp ground nutmeg). I find that the freshly ground nutmeg from the nut is stronger, needing less.
1/3 cup butter, softened

Sprinkle over peaches and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve warm or if desired, with ice cream.

Fresh ground nutmeg-I like how the inside of the nutmeg looks.

I forgot to take a picture after I baked it, but it sort of looks like this only a little more golden brown and of course cooked.

1 comment: