Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

The best way to make this cake is in a cast iron skillet, but I have no idea what happened to mine, so I ended up making my upside down cake in a 9x12 glass pan. Only I didn’t turn it upside down after it was finished because I thought it wouldn’t work. And I didn’t have any sliced pineapples, only crushed pineapple and decided, what the heck. What could it hurt? Turns out, I think, it’s actually better with the crushed pineapple because you get the pineapple-y taste all over the cake rather than in little hunks. It’s also not as decorative, but since I didn’t turn mine upside down, it didn’t matter anyway. What does matter is taste.

Just thinking off the top of my head, so you may want to check recipes for exact measurements, but maybe a stick of butter melted with about ½ cup brown sugar. Even if it’s too much butter, it’s going to soak in the cake and well, we all know what butter does for things. Okay besides adding extra poundage on the hips, it makes things taste better.

Dump your drained crushed pineapple on top of the brown sugar and add maraschino cherries and pecans, if you want. Or just one or the other. Then you can cheat and use a boxed cake mix, yellow of course and pour that on top of the goods. Bake according to the box’s directions or until done.

I know the most important part of this dessert blog is the pictures. But this picture is just going to look like a plain ole yellow cake. Whoopee. Make the cake and enjoy. Forget the picture. Check out the other desserts for something more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment